Friday, April 04, 2008

Week in Review.

-This past week marked the first 40-hour (or more) work week I’ve put in since about mid-January. In fact, in the eight months I was doing consulting, I probably only worked three such full weeks during that time. Back to reality, I guess.

-The gal indulged me by accompanying me to the Thursday night pub quiz at Keegan’s. Having arrived halfway through the 6:30 quiz, we scrambled to find a team who would take us on. I joined teammates Ben, John and the B’day boy, while Jen collaborated with David Strom and his wife Margaret. As a result, they took first place in round one. For the second (and more difficult) round, I took back my gal to be on my team, much to the chagrin of Strommie. Turns out that Jen had the Midas touch as she and I, along with Night Writer and Tiger Lilly, captured the ultimate prize for the 8:00 quiz!

-Friday morning I started anew with my weight loss efforts, thus making an official weigh-in before starting the day. With Spring and Summer fast approaching, I definitely want to get back into the swing of my seemingly never-ending battle of the bulge. While I got off to a great start this year, I have seen a net gain of three pounds over the past two months. However, I know I was heavier at the beginning of March so the good news is I’m starting to drop again. With my birthday coming up in seven weeks, I’m looking to go from my current weight of 209.5 to under 200, where I haven’t been since 1999.

Have a great weekend!!

------------------------------------------

No comments: