Monday, April 28, 2008

It all makes sense now.

No wonder I never had a shot with Mindy.


Saying "all is fair game," lawyers for Roger Clemens' former personal trainer Brian McNamee say they intend to capitalize on allegations of an extra-marital affair involving Clemens and a country music singer in defending a defamation suit Clemens filed against McNamee.

The New York Daily News, citing "several" unnamed sources, reported on its Web site Sunday night that Clemens and country singer Mindy McCready had a decade-long affair. Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said Clemens and McCready had a friendship and nothing more.

The allegations, according to the Daily News, claim Clemens was 28 when he first had contact with McCready. She was 15 when he noticed her at a Fort Myers, Fla., bar while out with his Red Sox teammates, according to the Daily News.



I had a chuckle when I read that last sentence. When I met Mindy about ten years ago, I told her that I was in her hometown of Fort Meyers for Spring Break in 1991….when she was 15. I also mentioned that I often wondered if I ever saw her at the beach that week. Given her past, she seemed like the type who ditched school regularly.

However, if the aforementioned allegations are true, it seems she would have been otherwise disposed.

-----------------------------------------

No comments: