Friday, August 17, 2007

Bowled over.

For the first time in about 14 years, I went bowling on a Friday evening!

In fact, the fun and games took place at Bud’s Lanes in River Falls, WI, the very same town which happens to be the location of my alma mater UW-River Falls.

In an attempt to augment what was certain to be a humorous endeavor, I requested the Viz-A-Ball Eye Ball.








Unfortunately, no such ball was available.

Alas, the evening wasn’t a total loss. I’ll have you know that I rolled a 298!!! Of course, it took me three games to accumulate that total. The first two, I had scores of 89 and 85. But I finished the night strong with a 124.

I have to say, this was the first time I have ever bowled in an environment where there was artificial fog and a laser light show. I didn’t know if I was there to bowl or to revisit the disco era.

I’m due to bowl again in the year 2021.

------------------------------------------------

No comments: