Sunday, July 01, 2007

Book meme.

I was tagged by Marty Andrade to put together a book meme.

So, here goes.


1.) One book that changed your life:

Joel Osteen’s “Your Best Life Now!!” I actually wrote about the impact it had in helping me overcome an unwanted family trait.


2.) One book that you've read more than once:

“How to Win Friends and Influence People.” I found that in my early to mid 20s I had a rather repellant personality. Today, the Dale Carnegie classic still impacts me in that I am much more cognizant of what I say to others in conversation.


3.) One book that you would want on a deserted island:

The Bible. Hey, it’s been my survival guide for over 20 years. Seems to me a deserted island would be the ultimate test of one’s faith and spiritual strength. Plus I would need to cling to the belief that one person could feed hundreds with a few loaves and fishes.


4.) One book that made you laugh:

Ann Coulter’s “Godless: The church of liberalism.” With her patented acerbic wit as well as thorough analysis, Ann eviscerates certain sanctimonious libs and the creeds of their own religion called "liberalism".


5.) One book that made you cry:

“Let’s Roll” written by Lisa Beamer, widow of United 93 passenger/hero Todd Beamer. Her heart-wrenching account of learning about Todd’s demise on 9/11/01 and her heart-warming faith in dealing with the tragedy caused me to reach for the Kleenex.


6.) One book you wish had been written:

KFAN’s (and former Star Tribune columnist) Dan Barreiro has told so many bizarre tales about the Minnesota Timberwolves (pre-Garnett) that I would love to see them all in print.


7.) One book you wish hadn't been written:

“My Lie Life”, the autobiography of former President Bill Clinton. Because he is such a narcissist, the book is over 1,000 pages long. Goodness gracious, think of the serious back injuries that resulted from trying to remove it from book shelves.


8.) One book you're currently reading:

A couple, actually. Always reading through The Bible. I am also reading a book entitled “Overcoming Rejection Will Make You Rich” by Larry DiAngi.


9). One book you've been meaning to read:

"Original Intent" by David Barton. I purchased this book a few years ago but for some odd reason I just didn't get into it.

Reading the foreword, however, has piqued my curiosity:

Barton not only documents the original intent on a number of constitutional issues debated today, the book also documents how this essential information is often ignored under today’s standard of political correctness.


10). Six people to tag:

Mark Meuer
Katie McCollow
Greg Bittner
"Lassie" at Freedom Dogs
Dan Stover
Speed Gibson

----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Marty said...

I'll get this posted up on my website sometime this week. Thanks for answering.