Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer of '07.

I feel like a kid on Summer vacation! Oh, don’t get me wrong. Since being let go from my job after last Wednesday, I have stayed busy searching for gainful employment. But the search doesn’t typically begin before 9:30 am.

Here is a glimpse of what I have done since I was handed my walking papers:

Thursday, July 19: Woke up at about 9:00 am, due to the fact I didn’t get home until after Midnight (Traffic was awful leaving the Twins game Wednesday evening). My awesome gal made pancakes for breakfast. We then hung around the house until about Noon when we went to visit my wife’s parents in Western Wisconsin. My in-laws grilled the most phenomenal steaks I have had in quite sometime in addition to serving the most exquisite corn on the cob. Hung out there until about 8:30 pm and then headed home.

Friday, July 20: Got up early, around 9:15 I guess. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. After breakfast, my gal and I went for a long 10-mile bike ride. Didn’t do much else the rest of the day. I think we may have gone to Applebee’s for dinner later on but that was about it.

Monday, July 23: Slept in until about 9:45 due to being up until 4:00 a.m. watching Goodfellas on AMC. Again, pancakes for breakfast. My brother called me at 11:30 asking me to take my mom to the doctor since he had to borrow her car. I dropped off mom at her doctor’s office in Woodbury in time for her 1:00 appointment. I hung out at the local Northwestern book store until mom was done at 2:30. Mom then treated me to lunch at Don Pablo’s Mexican restaurant. In waiting for rush hour traffic to die down, I headed home around 6:00. I then went for a 45-minute bike ride from 7:30 until 8:15.

Tuesday, July 24: I actually got up at 7:30 a.m. to get ready for a 9:00 appointment in downtown Minneapolis. I was home by 10:15. At 10:45 I talked to a recruiter guy whom I have been working with for a month or so. He had some job prospects he wanted to run by me. At 11:30, I had a phone interview with a Maple Grove company. Once that was done, my gal had grilled burgers and corn on the cob waiting for me. At 1:00, I decided to take a one hour nap (since I was up soooo early) before going to work out at the health club. I then worked out from 2:30 until 3:30. In the continuation of spoiling me rotten (as well as fattening me up) my gal brought home some pizza from Old Chicago restaurant after visiting with some of her friends there. We then watched a couple of DVDs the rest of the evening before turning in for the night.

I know this will all end soon enough. But I have to say I am certainly enjoying it while it lasts!!!



Lassie said...

Enjoy that sabbatical while you can!

Did you get a third interview with the manufacturing firm? Best of luck on the search and we'll see you soon!

Brad Carlson said...

Did you get a third interview with the manufacturing firm?

Unfortunately, no. But that's OK because I've had several other resumes submitted over the past few weeks. Something will come up.

In the interim I am enjoying the vacation immensely!! In fact, I just got home from an hour-long bike ride!!