Thursday, July 19, 2007

Transition update.

I had a great second interview yesterday with a Twin Cities manufacturing company. The initial phone interview took place on Monday and then I was called back right away to come in to meet with the Accounting Manager and the HR generalist on Wednesday. The whole process started at 3:00 and I was done by 4:30. I’ll find out Monday the 23rd if I’m in line for a third interview.

As I got in my car to go home I saw I had a voice mail message on my cell phone.

It went something along the lines of the following:


Hey Brad, it’s “Hagzilla” (my boss, but not her real name). I just wanted to let you know that you don’t have to come in tomorrow. I talked to “Tortoise Lady” (my replacement, but not her real name) and she didn’t feel as though she was benefiting from you being here so we’ll go ahead and release you now. I’ll pay you on Friday for your two weeks worked and then still go ahead and pay your severance. Good luck to you (Sound of her slamming the phone down).


Classy, eh?

Apparently, Hagzilla was a bit irritated that I ducked out at 2:30 yesterday afternoon to go to my job interview. Huh. I guess I didn’t realize that it was improper etiquette to actually search for gainful employment after having been fired placed on “Transition Employment.” As it turned out, I got no latitude despite having worked an average of two Saturdays per month while employed by that company.

Oh well, I can’t be too upset. After all, if you’re reading this on Thursday, July 19 before 10 am, it’s a good bet I’m still in REM sleep.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: