Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One down, eight to go!

Day one of nine is in the books! Today began “Transition Employment” with my current employer. After firing me separating employment, my employer offered me the opportunity to stay with the company through July 27 and collect some severance. If I declined, then today would have been day one of unemployment. I honestly wrestled with the decision of whether or not to go back. Truth be told, I’d rather defecate a flaming hot porcupine than to work there another day (My apologies for the unwanted visual). But my motto for every noble duty these days is “It’s for our baby.” We are still progressing with our adoption plans, so any extra cash is welcome at this point.

The good news is I have a two-hour interview scheduled tomorrow with a well-established Twin Cities company. I had an initial phone interview yesterday and then I received a call this afternoon asking me to meet with the Human Resources director as well as Corporate Accounting Manager. It looks promising!

But I still wouldn’t be opposed to taking off the month of August should I not find gainful employment within the next two weeks.

---------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Dan S. said...

Brad,

Sorry about the employment setback. Best of luck to you in both the job hunt and the adoption process.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I will pray that God leads you to where you can be of service to him. Who knows where that might be, but won't it be exciting to find out?