Sunday, December 30, 2007

Profiles in 2007 lunacy.

I always enjoy Saturday’s Northern Alliance Radio Network broadcasts on AM 1280 The Patriot. This past Saturday’s edition of “The First Team” (John, Brian and Chad) was especially entertaining since they were reviewing the 2007 winners of their “Loon of the Week” award.

The recipient of said award on the second Saturday in January had to be my favorite.

Rep. David Wu (D-OR) is currently in his fifth term in the US House. When you’re one of 435 members of a legislative body you typically aren’t that well known outside your own state.

But in January of 2007, Wu became somewhat famous for his “Klingons in the White House” speech.







Since hearing that bizarre speech, I have to admit I was a little impressed at what appeared to be Wu’s intimate knowledge of the Star Trek phenomenon.

And then it occurred to me. Could Wu possibly be the long lost illegitimate son of actor George “Mr. Sulu” Takei?
















I don’t know. Maybe a faint resemblance.
------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

StarBittrune said...

Wu isn't the first person to invoke Star Trek on the House floor. Do you remember Rep. James Traficant from Ohio who had a worse hairpiece Shatner and frequently said, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker!"