Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Vikes-49ers take.

I admit I never saw this coming. After a 34-donut shellacking at the hands of the Green Bay Packers a few weeks ago, the Vikings were a pathetic 3-6. They also appeared to have lost their only viable offensive threat when rookie sensation Adrian Peterson tore the lateral collateral ligament in his right knee. Many speculated that the Vikings would be fortunate to win more than two games the rest of the season.

Fast forward three weeks. The Vikes are 6-6 and they now have a healthy Peterson to go along with legitimate playoff aspirations. And the remaining four games on their schedule look very winnable, starting with this Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

If I were coach Brad Childress and I sensed my team getting a little haughty at the prospects of facing a 3-9 team, I would merely mention the date of November 5, 2006. The Vikes went in to San Francisco to take on a pathetic Niners team that had lost the previous two weeks by a combined score of 89-29. The Vikes ended up laying a Gibraltar-sized egg in a 9-3 loss.

That said, I say the Vikings cover the 8-point spread.

Vikes 31 49ers 17.

-----------------------------------------------

No comments: