Friday, April 24, 2009

Ask a dumb question......

Last time I was home I was driving around I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of these side-of-the-road gas stations, the attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, I swear to GOD he went, "Tire go flat?"

I couldn't resist.

I said "Nope".

"No I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me."


-Bill Engvall, comedian





I often find that baseball post game interviews are some of the most tedious exercises in journalism. To a certain extent I can understand. After all, there are 162 games in a Major League Baseball season so there's only so many questions that can be posed.

This the year the Minnesota Twins have a new guy conducting post game interviews for their TV coverage on Fox Sports North. The young man named Robby Incmikoski has an uncanny ability to ask some of the most inanely obvious questions in all of sports.

After Friday's victory over Cleveland, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was asked by Incmikoski if it felt good to lead a game from start to finish for the first time this season. Gardy yanked the young man's chain by saying how he hated leading wire-to-wire and that he actually prefers falling behind big early and then having to come back.

If I recall correctly, that was Robby's last question.

-------------------------------------------

1 comment:

kingdavid said...

I wish I could remember how it went down; but didn't some nitwit reporter piss Pete Rose off after his streak ended at something like44 straight games with a hit. I think he asked him if he was glad it was over.

Maybe it was Keith Olbermann, he's a moron.