Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Don't Want to Work......

…..I want to bang on the drum all day.





Since last Friday brought to conclusion my five-week contract position, I am once again unemployed. Not to worry though, as I have several good prospects on the line (including an interview with a Fortune 500 company this Thursday!!). I predict that I’ll have a permanent gig before the end of September.

In the interim, there won’t be any leisurely drumming in the mode of the Todd Rundgren ditty. Quite the opposite, as I have found myself playing the role of domestic god. For example, on Tuesday I did two loads of laundry, ironed both mine and my wife’s shirts, vacuumed, did the dishes, cleaned out my closet, brought a box load of old clothes to the Goodwill, drove my 13-year old nephew to cross country practice and my 15-year old nephew to “behind the wheel” class.

Yep, as far as domestic duties are concerned, I do more before 4:00 p.m. then most guys do all day!

-----------------------------------------

No comments: