Monday, September 17, 2007

And the award goes to....

I would have watched the Emmys Sunday evening but I just had way too many other options which were more enticing. Said options included color coding my sock drawer, cleaning the cat boxes and getting that pesky lint out of my belly button.

What a pity, as I missed actress Sally Field in all her blithering glory.


Accepting her Emmy on Sunday night for lead actress in a drama series ("Brothers and Sisters"), Field stumbled halfway through, lost her train of thought, screeched at the audience to stop applauding so she could finish talking -- and then was bleeped by Fox censors as she stammered through an anti-war rant.

"And, let's face it, if the mothers ruled the world, there would be no (expletive) wars in the first place," Field said, but Fox cut away for much of her comment.


Our pal Katie, herself a mother of three, had her own unique analysis on Sal’s vision of mothers running things.


I'm so sick of people saying things like "If mothers ran the world there would be no wars". Seriously, ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Because mothers are what, all a bunch of passive, docile negotiators?

Good God, what if every world leader were a pregnant woman? There would be wars for the worst reasons you've ever heard.

"This dress makes me look like a buffalo! I bomb you!"

"Why is my hair so greasy? Why does your mother hate me? Talks are over! Send in the tanks!"


I bet watching Katie watch the Emmys is far more entertaining than viewing the awards show itself.

------------------------------------------------

No comments: