Friday, February 02, 2007

Brett Favre to play in 2007.

See, I told you so!


Brett Favre will return for his 17th NFL season, undeterred by his injuries and hoping to lead the Green Bay Packers back to the playoffs.

"I am so excited about coming back," the 37-year-old quarterback said Friday on the Web site of the Sun Herald in Biloxi, Miss. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year, and that's encouraging."

Packers general manager Ted Thompson confirmed Favre had told the team he plans to return.


While Favre has made quite a career of torching my beloved Vikings, I must admit I wasn’t quite ready to see him go. After all, Favre is on the verge of eclipsing many of Dan Marino’s passing records. Granted he’s merely keeping them warm for Peyton Manning, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be fun to watch history unfold over the next season or two.

Welcome back, Brett! Once again, it’s like you never left.

No comments: