Sunday, February 25, 2007

All cooped up.

Well, if I had to pick a weekend to be ill, this would be it.

Yes, for the first time in a long time, I am sick.

And I’m sick of being sick.

And my wife is sick of me being sick of being sick.

Nevertheless, my gal epitomizes the vows of “To have and to hold, in SICKNESS and in health.” As I write this, she is out in the treacherous winter wonderland seeking medication for my sniffling-sneezing-coughing-aching-stuffy head-fever like symptoms.

In a somewhat cruel irony, I am scheduled to start a new job tomorrow morning. In the three years at my previous employer I missed exactly one day due to illness. If I am not any better tomorrow, I will have equaled that mark on my first day at a new job.

For now, it’s time to eat lunch.

Yes dear, I’d like another glass of 7-UP with my Ibuprofen.

No comments: