Friday, September 23, 2016

Do your research

Despite my personal political ideology being well right of center, I'd prefer that any of my fellow Americans would vote for a Democrat then not vote (provided they've done the adequate research). I believe that everyone should be engaged in the issues and thus support the candidate which most accurately reflects his/her worldview. And yes, I'm fully aware that I've stated here that I may not cast a vote for President due to my dismay for both the Republican and Democrat candidates. But when I say "not vote" I mean those who don't even bother to cast a ballot for any office. I will at least be voting for U.S. House, MN House and MN Senate if indeed I abstain from a vote for President.

With all that said, I'm almost of the belief that one shouldn't even bother to vote if one plans on supporting a candidate based solely on the recommendations of vacuous celebrities.

Your mileage may vary.

-----------------------------------------

No comments: