Friday, March 04, 2016

Drained

I admit it. I have presidential election fatigue. And mercy's sake, the next eight months are going to be insufferable if this sh*t show continues.

No, I did not watch the GOP presidential debate last evening. I also didn't tune in for Mitt Romney's scathing rebuke of Republican front runner Donald Trump on Thursday morning. While Romney's many criticisms of Trump were justified and pretty much spot on, Mitt probably isn't the most credible messenger at this point. Sure, reelecting Barack Obama as President over Romney in 2012 was a grave error. But even though he was seemingly vindicated on several issues he broached on the campaign trail, Romney's detractors in the GOP were also justified in their skepticism when he appeared to laud Obamacare late last year. 

Unless Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio form a unity ticket within the next week or so, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Trump will be the GOP nominee. Heck, even if Cruz/Rubio do indeed unify this weekend, I'm not even sure Trump can be stopped at this point. 

If I didn't have a political talk radio show, I would likely withdraw from presidential campaign news until November. As it is, I may spend some extra time immersed in cat videos. Who's with me?!?!?!








 ----------------------------------------

No comments: