Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Miss Minnesota 2015

As I alluded to recently, I had the distinct honor of emceeing the 2015 Miss Minnesota pageant finals this past Saturday.

Here is a quick video of the winner being announced:



Miss MN 2015 FB from Zandolee Media on Vimeo.


I have no doubt whatsoever that Rachel Latuff will be a phenomenal representative of our state.


By the way, that was my voice calling the winner. And yes, that lengthy pause was in real time. I happened to see Rachel the evening before at the annual Crowns and Gowns Gala fundraiser at the historic St. Paul Hotel. She specifically told me that if she were one of the final two contestants (and I was quite confident she would be) on Saturday evening, I should make her and the other young lady sweat it out by going with a dramatic pause before announcing the winner. So when I said "...your new Miss Minnesota is....", I was waiting for the obligatory drum roll that has preceded the announcement in the past. When I didn't hear one for a few seconds, in my mind I thought "Whoa, I better get on with this!" Turns out, it was exactly what Rachel had hoped for as she messaged me Sunday morning by saying "fantastic pausing!"


 July 2014 - Rachel, then Miss St Paul, stopped by the Patriot bunker. She finished in the Top 5 of Miss Minnesota the month before. 
                 



February 2015 - Ran in to Rachel about a month after she was crowned Miss Olmsted County.



Definitely follow Rachel at her official Miss Minnesota Facebook page as well as on Twitter and Instagram

I may be a bit biased, but I feel confident that Rachel will be a solid contender for the title of Miss America come September in Atlantic City!

--------------------------------------------

No comments: