Sunday, August 03, 2014

If you believe in the power of magic, I can change your mind.....

I've often said that I have received far more out of my humble little radio show than I have ever put in. Today is another reminder of that as I will be broadcasting live from Park High School in Cottage Grove this afternoon from 1:00 until 3:00 Central Time.

As I hit the airwaves at 1:00, a group of young men will have been playing a baseball game for approximately 53-1/2 hours. An organization called PHD Baseball Club is looking to break the previous record for the longest baseball game, which currently stands at 62 hours 32 minutes 59 seconds. All proceeds raised at this event will go to benefit the ALS Association, an organization providing funds to treat (and hopefully one day cure) Lou Gehrig's disease. 

Within the past year, I have known of two different acquaintances of mine be diagnosed with ALS. As such, I consider it an absolute honor to be able to highlight this awesome charitable endeavor. By the way, please follow the respective blogs of my friends John Stewart and Jon Neu, as they chronicle their lives while enduring ALS. 

John Stewart's blog - http://nolongeriwholive.tumblr.com/


As today's show rolls on, I hope to chat with some officials from this great event. In the non-guest segments, crack promotions guy Ross Brendel will be my co-host, where we'll chat about (what else?) baseball as well as some news items from this past week. 


You can listen live in the Twin Cities at AM 1280 on your radio dial. In and out of the Minneapolis-St Paul area, you can listen to the program on the Internet by clicking this link, or check us out via iheart radio

And if you're so inclined, follow along on Twitter at #narn or "Like" our Facebook page.

Until then.....

------------------------------------

No comments: