Monday, January 07, 2013

Quick Hits: Volume LXIV

From the Garden State:

New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney (D-Gloucester) said Monday that Gov. Chris Christie might have “prayed” for Superstorm Sandy, because it has provided cover for what Sweeney said are the governor’s failed economic policies.

Sweeney said the Republican governor’s jobs plan before Sandy was a disaster, and now the reconstruction will provide an economic boost through thousands of construction jobs.

“I guess he prayed a lot and got lucky because a storm came,” Sweeney said.

Democrats have for some time blamed Christie’s administration for failing to create jobs or rescue more homeowners from foreclosure.

Republicans called the comment “way out of line.”

Sweeney, who is the most powerful elected Democrat in New Jersey, immediately apologized for the remark.

Say, did a certain buffoonish jackass (and perhaps the biggest Obama shill in the media), who has a nightly show on MSNBC, ever apologize for expressing he was "so glad" that Superstorm Sandy took place?


-One of my guilty pleasures occurs every Monday when I hand in my man card from 8:00 pm until 9:00 Central Time in order to watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on Bravo TV. Kim Richards, one of my favorite actresses from the 70s and 80s (and for whom I had a "thing") is one of the "wives" (and a hot mess at that).

As is the trend these days, most TV programs have a "hashtag" phrase or word displayed onscreen in the event fans of the show would like to discuss the episode via Twitter (in the case, #RHOBH). With this particular show, the best "tweets" and Facebook messages are then displayed on the screen when the episode is rebroadcast the following week. Yep, you guessed it. Monday evening one of my tweets was shown during the rerun of the previous episode!

The reaction I had was similar to that of when I was a kid and my name was mentioned at the end of Romper Room.


- I could have lived without hearing this story, but NBC TV news guy Al Roker shared an anecdote of a time he visited the White House press room. Let's just say it was a gas.

"I probably went off and ate something I wasn't supposed to. And as I'm walking to the press room, [I'm thinking] well, I gotta pass a little gas here. I'm walking by myself. Who's gonna know? Only a little something extra came out. I pooped my pants."

Roker claimed it was side effects from his gastric bypass surgery, but rumor has it the accidental...uh..."movement" was due in part to his reading the President's latest tax proposals.

-----------------------------

No comments: