Monday, June 04, 2012

One year ago today....

It was Saturday, June 4, 2011. The inaugural edition of The Closer was on the air from 3:00-4:00 PM on AM 1280 The Patriot!
 
I recall showing up to the AM 1280 studio a whole two hours before my show started, a bundle of nervous energy. As I look back, I chuckle at how I was so overly concerned about being able to fill up a whole entire hour of air time. Ah, but the fact I had the Congressman Anthony Weiner "sexting" scandal to talk about should have eliminated those concerns. The New York Congressman was still in full fledged denial mode about tweeting an explicit photo of a...ahem...."turned on" male, but no one was buying his story about his Twitter account being hacked. Two days later, Weiner admitted to online dalliances with several women, so I got another week out of that saga!



Here I am one year later with a whole two hours of broadcast time, now every Sunday from 1-3 pm. Aside from the free studio time every week, this endeavor has also allowed me to hang around prominent national radio hosts like Dennis Prager & Michael Medved, interview Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and get credentialed seating to events like the MN State GOP convention. Oh, and free parking and admission to the MN State Fair on days I'm broadcasting are nice perks also!

Yes it's safe to say that hosting a weekly radio show has given me much more than I've put in to it.

--------------------------------------------------

No comments: