Monday, September 22, 2008

Gonna make you sweat.

This may not be a very long post as I can barely lift my arms to type.

A couple of weeks ago, the gal and I joined a local health club. Now we had been members of Lifetime Fitness from 2004 to 2008. Unfortunately there isn't a Lifetime near our new home in Ramsey so we decided to join the local Anytime Fitness. Since we won't be living in our house until next week, we decided to work out at the Anytime near my Mom's place in St Paul.

With life having been quite chaotic over the past year, the good eating and rigorous exercise has taken a back seat. As such, we decided to take advantage of the free six-and-a half hours half hour with a personal trainer this evening. Yes, it was one of those workouts where you discover muscles you don't realize you have. And since fat guys like myself sweat like dogs when unwrapping a McDonald's cheeseburger, I looked like I had been standing in a monsoon when the session was complete.

But you know what? After six months of implementing a more stringent workout regimen, I will look back on this time as the first step in a thousand mile journey. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.....and neither are six-pack abs.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: