Saturday, May 31, 2008

Then go already!!

You knew it would be a matter of time before one those self-absorbed Hollywood types spoke up about the Presidential election and their plans to bolt American if an eeeevil Republican is elected.

In 2000, actor Alec Baldwin threatened to leave the US if George W. Bush was elected.

In ’04, Robert Redford made a similar pledge.

Now Susan Sarandon is speaking up about her 2008 relocation plans.


She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people.”

OK, American people. You don't want Susan to move out of the country, so it's up to you to elect Barack Obama. What? You thought Susan of all people would be for Hillary Clinton? Well, no. She told John Hiscock: "I thought the whole point of feminism is that you're not supposed to be defined by gender. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, because I wouldn't vote for Condoleezza Rice, and I hated Margaret Thatcher."


Hated Margaret Thatcher??? Wow!!! Imagine the frothing-at-the-mouth conversations her and “life partner” Tim Robbins have at the dinner table on a nightly basis? Robbins, who last year shamelessly claimed the U.S. had killed “over 400,000” Iraqi citizens, regularly calls for impeachment of President Bush.

I hope their kids wear rain gear during family meal time.

------------------------------------------

4 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I'd vote early and often for Maggie Thatcher!!!!

StarBittrune said...

"Rude, thoughtless little pig" Baldwin never had the guts to leave because he knew there's no better place to live. Sarandon might actually go, but you'll still see her around any time she needs medical care.

Anonymous said...

Not related to this post but I rarely check your blog... I noticed your recent home building adventures.

Congrats. We went through it back in 2001. It's a hell of a ride...


Doug

Brad Carlson said...

It's a hell of a ride...

Given your track record for negativity, I'll reluctantly accept what I perceive is your good wishes.