Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Obama-Hillary?

Rumor has it that Hillary Clinton would consider the VP slot after all. I have my doubts that will take place. But let’s look at it hypothetically.

Suppose an Obama-Clinton ticket wins it all this November. What of 2012? Naturally, Obama would run for re-election, right? Chances are a Vice President wouldn’t challenge a sitting President (although with the Clintons, all bets are off) for the party’s nomination. That means Hillary would not even be a contender for President again until 2016 when she will be 69-years old!

Suppose that very subject were broached with Hillary. Can you imagine her response? “Oh, I could see myself as Commander in Chief before then”, she might say. “A lot can happen within the first few years of a Presidency. We all remember John F. Kennedy was assassinated less than three years in to his first term.”

Of course, I'm being facetious there. I have no idea what makes me think Hillary would ever invoke a Kennedy assassination as an analogy of how her Presidency could come to fruition.

------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd put my money on McCain offering Hillary the VP slot.

Brad Carlson said...

That might be just the thing to cause me to vote for Bob Barr.

StarBittrune said...

Laura Ingraham's substitute host this morning raised an interesting point about an Obama-Clinton administration: Bill Clinton is still officially known as "President Clinton," so a formal introduction of the two couples would go, "Ladies and gentlemen, the President and Mrs. Obama, the Vice-President and President Clinton." Talk about a co-presidency. If you were Obama, would you really want to share the title with Bill? Also, Obama's rhetoric has been all about "change," yet he would seen everywhere with the Clintons. The dilemma for the dems is it doesn't seem Obama can win without Hillary, but how can he win with her?