Monday, June 09, 2008

Laura Ingraham: Crazy like a FOX? (UPDATE II)

From Laura's website on Monday, June 9:

Due to contractual obligations, for the present time I am unable to reveal why I am not currently hosting The Laura Ingraham Show. Rest assured, this absence is not of my choosing, nor is it health or family related. I am ready, willing and eager to continue the conversation we started seven years ago about politics and the culture. (Heck, if cancer couldn't keep me off the airwaves for long, nothing will.) Keep checking the site for a schedule of my appearances on the Fox News Channel. All queries regarding my on-air status should be directed to Talk Radio Network's management at 541 474 2297 or send an email. Thanks for sticking with me, and...Power to the People!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura to appear on Fox News!!

She will be hosting The O'Reilly Factor Friday, June 6 at 7:00 pm CT.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My gal & I with Laura Ingraham in June 2005



For the past few days, I’ve been getting into work prior to 8:00 am. So I guess I had no idea Laura Ingraham was not hosting her daily radio show. I first learned of that development when I received her “E-blast” e-mail on Wednesday. The following phrase appeared in the subject line:


IN THE WILDERNESS….DAY 3.


With that declaration, I merely assumed Laura was on another African safari. Then the first sentence of the e-mail struck me:


Just because I'm not on the radio right now doesn't mean I don't have a lot to say on politics and the culture.


She then proceeded with some insightful commentary on the Obama-McCain race. ”She’s pretty well plugged in for being in the jungles of Africa”, I thought. But then she ended the message by saying to be sure and watch her on The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News this Friday evening.

Now I started to get suspicious. She seemed pretty cryptic about her conspicuous absence from the radio airwaves. What’s going on???

Brian Maloney at Radio Equalizer:



After an unexplained radio absence and a cryptic message from one of her producers, speculation is building that syndicated radio talker Laura Ingraham may have at least temporarily stepped away from her program. It has been carried on hundreds of stations across the country.

One theory is that there is some sort of contractual dispute with the Talk Radio Network, a syndication firm based in Oregon. Could Ingraham be ready to depart for another network, or move directly into television?



I don’t watch O’Reilly’s show much, other than when Laura is guest-hosting. I think she’s a natural and would make, in my opinion, a seamless transition to TV if she were to leave radio.

Hopefully this situation is resolved soon! Now more than ever we need an eloquent conservative voice amongst the media.

------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Laura said...

Have you seen this?

Politico says Laura just went to Guatemala to adopt a little girl. Let's hope that's the real reason for her absence!

Best wishes,
Laura

Brad Carlson said...

Oh, I knew that. I remember Laura made the big announcement on her show once she brought the little girl home. Hopefully Laura's absence is not related to a sudden snafu in the adoption.

Anonymous said...

Laura was on Fox and Friends this AM and there was no mention of her radio absence. It is my understanding that she has had the little girl for several weeks now