Monday, June 08, 2020

Quick Hits: CCXX

- Conservative commentator Steve Deace, via his Facebook page:

I grew up hearing racist remarks against blacks all the time in my home, as well as the "N bomb," and I detested it. I remember one time my dad calling me into the room because he was excited to see Vanilla Ice get some rap single of the year award, for that was something else white people were better at. I've always detested racism, and despise it even more now that I'm a Christian.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to accept blame just for being white, when I had nothing to do with who my parents were, or go along with assumed collective white guilt now. Judging someone by the color of their skin, instead of the content of their character, is precisely what racism is.

This is another spirit of the age cult I won't join.

Thankfully my mother (who raised me and my bro by herself) was not one who partook in spewing racist remarks, so it wasn't at all a part of my formative years. But everything else Steve said I echo 100%. I'm not at all interested in self-flagellation because I grew up with some sort of perceived privilege.

The only I approval I seek is from my lord and savoir Jesus Christ, which is why I adhere to the teachings of the Holy Bible. And if I live my life as such, I will love others equally as He has done with us.

I guess what I'm saying is the self-loathing lily white wokescolds can spare me the "Dear white people..." lectures.


- Check out these two headlines:


Speedway declares race a 'protest' to skirt coronavirus rules, draws 2,000.

Government Jealous Of Rioters' Speed, Efficiency In Destroying Local Businesses.


Both are from satirical web sites, right? Actually no, one is a legit headline (click the links to determine which is which).


- As you've likely heard by now, the Minneapolis City Council is looking to defund (and possibly abolish) the city's police force. My understanding is it's not as easy as the the council voting to do so, as it may require a referendum of voters approving the change to the city's charter.

But let's say that, hypothetically, the MPD is successfully scuttled. One of the first questions many folks would ask is what happens if they're a victim of a crime?

Minneapolis City Council President Lisa Bender, basically: "Check your privilege."




I would say the citizens of Minneapolis deserve better from their representation, but they and they alone are responsible for electing these people.

-----------------------------------------------------

No comments: