Tuesday, June 30, 2020

End of an era (Alternate title: **bleep** you, COVID)

I am crestfallen over the news that Keegan's Irish Pub is closing its doors as of 10 pm Tuesday evening.




It's not an overstatement when I say that Jennifer & I have made lifelong friends due to many soirees we've attended there over the past 15 years. Those gatherings were also tremendous networking opportunities, including playing a role in me landing my side hustle on AM 1280 The Patriot.

So yeah, I'll definitely miss all the social engagements at what quickly became my favorite quaint establishment in Minneapolis. But that sentiment pales in comparison to the devastation I feel on behalf of Keegan's management and staff, many of whom I saw regularly over 10+ years. The fact there was such staying power among many employees tells you it was much more than a corner pub to them.



Original owners Terry & Virginia Keegan (pictured left) with current owner Marty Neumann & his wife Neesha (photo courtesy of Virginia Keegan)



Godspeed, Marty et al. Thanks for your hospitality over the past decade-and-a-half.

----------------------------------------

No comments: