Tuesday, June 16, 2020

It happened five years ago today

Literally five years ago to the very minute of the timestamp on this blog post, Donald John Trump declared his candidacy for President of the United States.





I thought his candidacy would accomplish little more than what big names like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson achieved as past Dem presidential contenders. I haven't been that dead wrong on a political prediction since 1984 when I was convinced Walter Mondale would carry a second state in that year's POTUS matchup.

As I write this, the prospects of reelection for now President Trump are looking rather grim. But if I've learned anything the past five years, nothing is conventional in any facet involving Trump, including his prevailing against all odds.

--------------------------------------

1 comment:

Mr. D said...

I'll never be a fan of the guy, but I think he's actually got a good chance. Joe Biden is clearly suffering from dementia and there isn't a Democrat on the scene who is plausible as a VP. Eventually Biden has to engage and he won't be able to do so.