Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Suspicion confirmed

When "comedienne" Kathy Griffin posted a video of herself holding up a faux severed head of President Donald Trump a few months ago, the outcry was immediate. Even prominent leftists indicated that Griffin crossed a line when she portrayed a beheading of the sitting President of the United States. Sensing that her "comedy" bit went too far, Griffin issued the obligatory apology, but only after significant backlash.

I recall commenting at the time that the apology seemed insincere, particularly given the fact she rolled her eyes at one point during her mea culpa. Alas, Ms. Griffin recently confirmed my initial reaction that she was less than 100% contrite.

I'm no longer sorry. The whole outrage was B.S. The whole thing got so blown out of proportion. And I lost everybody; I had Chelsea Clinton tweeting against me. I had friends, Debra Messing, from Will and Grace, tweeting against me. I mean, I lost everybody. And so I have been through the mill, I also, I didn’t just lose like, one night on CNN; my entire tour was canceled within 24 hours because every single theater got all these death threats.

I mean, these Trump fans; they’re hard-core. They have, like, robocalls, and they’re a minority, but they know how to act like they’re a majority.

Yep, those "hard-core Trump fans" like Chelsea Clinton, Debra Messing, Alyssa Milano, and Anderson Cooper really know how to stir it up, eh?

Oh, speaking of Cooper, I guess he's now dead to ol' Kath.

After Cooper condemned her gruesome photo shoot on Twitter and failed to reach out to her for weeks, Griffin said she told him their friendship was "over."


Aw, that's a shame. What say you, Anderson?


via GIPHY


----------------------------

No comments: