Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Into the fray

In just over a year-and-a-half from now, me and my fellow Minnesotans will decide whether or not Governor Mark Dayton or Senator Al Franken are worthy of reelection. I can already tell you that my answer will be a resounding "NO" to both. Of course, I would prefer to know some of my options for Republican candidates by this Summer.

While speculation continues to abound regarding GOP candidates for both the gubernatorial and Senate races, no one has officially declared.......until Wednesday afternoon that is.





Personally, I find it refreshing that a businessman has chosen to enter the fray. I mean, who better to give a perspective on government's impact on business than someone who's actually had a payroll to meet? Yes, Scott Honour is definitely a polar opposite of Little Lord Fauntleroy Mark Dayton. That is, Honour grew up in a modest middle-class setting and was taught a solid work ethic as a young boy, whereas Dayton has never wanted for anything in literally his entire life. Other than a very bried stint as a school teacher, Dayton hasn't even had a job outside of government.

Honour would be a governor who would work to make the state much less of an inhibitor in starting a business. In his two-plus years as governor of Minnesota, Dayton has given the impression that he believes people are better off with more government intervention.

Honour's candidacy is a good start for the Minnesota GOP gubernatorial field. But it's hardly a finish.

----------------------------------------------------

No comments: