Monday, May 07, 2012

Circular firing squads

I've said for some time now that we in the Minnesota GOP have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to US Senate candidates. Truth be told, I like 'em all. And the advantage of having a radio talk show is I can use it as my own personal vetting process, as Dan Severson, Kurt Bills and Pete Hegseth have all appeared as guests on my program.

As I write this, I have yet to make a firm decision as to whom I will endorse come the state convention in 11 days. But if I had to rely on any of the three candidates' supporters to make their case via Twitter, I would truly be lost. Over the past few weeks, the proverbial circular firing squads amongst the three camps has reached a fever pitch as some tweets are delving in to the ad hominem attacks. Instead of touting the strengths of the candidate they support, the rhetoric all too often is how the other two candidates suck pond water.

With that in mind, I would like to ask a simple question of the supporters in each camp: What attributes drew you to the Senate candidate you're supporting? If it's because you truly believe the other two guys are duds, then so be it. But if there's a leadership attribute or policy stance or set of core values that really fired you up, then let's hear it!!! There are still GOP delegates to the state convention (myself included) who are willing to be convinced.

--------------------------------------------------

No comments: