Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to the way it was

Today, after 18 months of contract work, I begin a new venture in the permanent employment milieu! Yes, over a one week span I endured several interviews and meetings with various members of a certain downtown Minneapolis firm, which finally resulted in an official offer on May 17.

While I felt I represented myself very well in every step of the screening process, I didn't take for granted that I was a shoe in for the job. You see, I've been in similar situations in the past where I believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was going to be hired by a company only to be usurped by another candidate. As such, it was extremely difficult to get geared back up for the job I was actively working due to my becoming so emotionally invested in leaving. I was careful not to make that mistake this time. In fact, I took great comfort in the promise that the Lord sees the end from the beginning, meaning if this endeavor wasn't meant for me the ideal scenario will eventually come along. Combine that with the fact that family and close friends were offering up prayers on my behalf, I was at total peace as I awaited word on the final decision.

I don't mind telling you that when I received an official offer letter to join this company, I shed tears of joy! Months of uncertainty that accompanied working on a contract basis (I was inactive 14 weeks over the past year-and-a-half) can finally be put to rest. And some of the perks that go along with my new venture are pretty nice, too. There is an express coach bus I can take to and from my workplace, which means less wear and tear on my vehicle and no commuting nightmares! I also love the atmosphere of downtown Minneapolis, as I will be a mere three blocks from Target Field. But most of all, I feel confident in the fact I will enjoy my new co-workers.

To God be the glory.

--------------------------------------------

No comments: