Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unemployed, not uninspired

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
-1 Peter 5:7 (New Living Translation)


I am officially in my seventh week of unemployment. I'm not overly concerned, as I received 10 weeks worth of salary upon departure from my last company. Currently I have two different consulting firms who are willing to utilize my Accounting/Finance services for their corporate clients. Unfortunately, nothing has panned out as yet regarding assignments. I anticipate something will crop up within the next week or two, but there are certainly no guarantees.

Human nature would dictate that I should be concerned, dare I say even worried. But it's situations like this where I am really clinging to God's promises of keeping focus on Him and He'll provide our every need. Matthew 6:33 says Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

I'm to the point now where I am actually embracing the process of uncertainty. While I could still cling to the animosity I felt the final several weeks at my last job, I have chosen to focus on how faith will prevail once more.

I have yet to be disappointed whenever I've called on the assistance of my Heavenly Father.

--------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Bike Bubba said...

Amen. God will provide, especially as you walk with Him. Hang in there!

Mr. D said...

You're taking the right approach. It's tough out there but you'll land on your feet soon. And God will provide.