Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a difference a decade makes

It was exactly ten years ago when my gal and I celebrated our very first Valentine's Day together. As such, we decided to go to the fancy supper club which my grandparents founded in the 50s. Since it was a semi-formal setting I dressed up in a suit and tie and my sweetheart wore a nice blouse and skirt. In fact, we had just gotten engaged the week before, so there was lots to celebrate!

Fast forward to this weekend, we decided on a whim to go out to dinner at a local steak house. Since the venue was not nearly as fancy as ten years earlier, we both arrived dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans.

No matter though, since the company was still the most important aspect of the event.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: