Sunday, November 11, 2007

Being force-fed some humble pie.

Yeah, yeah, I saw it. The Vikings got destroyed by the Packers. As many are now pointing out to me, I predicted a 28-24 Vikings victory. Sheesh, you put something in writing on the internet and the Wisconsin friends and relatives come out of the wood work to rib ya.

Obviously I wasn’t acting on any insight or analysis in predicting a Viking upset. It was merely a gut feeling I had.

Now many of you may be wondering if that is the worst prediction I’ve ever made. In sports, it’s up there with some of my bad ones. But when you factor in predictions as a whole, it’s not even close.

I point you to the 1984 presidential election pitting incumbent Ronald Reagan and Minnesota’s own Walter Mondale. The night before the election I predicted a newspaper headline of “Congratulations, President Mondale.”

Reagan was easily re-elected, winning 49 of 50 states.

-----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Heh, well at least you aren't cursed with gastro-intestinal distress!