Thursday, May 31, 2007

Goal update: May weight loss.

I am happy to report that I am once again moving toward my weight loss goal!

After hitting a plateau the past couple of months, I am down 1 ½ pounds since the end of April, putting me at 205.5!!

Since I normally weigh in every week, I can tell you I put on a pound or two at the beginning of May. That means I finished the month strongly by losing a few pounds the past couple of weeks. I would attribute that to more exercising (including going on some strenuous bike rides for the first time in two years) and better eating. My wife recently joined Weight Watchers so she unwittingly helped me drop weight. Given the fact she scrutinizes every food item she purchases for our household (it takes twice as long to grocery shop now) I am eating as healthy as she is.

My ultimate goal was reset last month, which means I have 5 ½ weeks to drop 10 lbs. I am hoping to be 195 by our wedding anniversary on July 7. I realize that’s quite a stretch but I am confident I can at least get below 200 for the first time in about eight years.

Until then………

----------------------------

No comments: