Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I don't have a bucket list.....

....but if I did, meeting pop star Huey Lewis would easily make my top 3.

A little less than two years ago Huey announced he had been diagnosed with Meniere's disease, which is a disorder of the inner ear that can lead to dizzy spells and hearing loss. As a lead singer in a band, such an ailment is less than optimal given Huey is unable to hear clearly any music nor is he able to sing in the proper pitch.

Last month he and two of his band mates appeared on the CBS program Sunday Morning to preview their first new album in nearly twenty years as well as give an update of Huey's condition.





I have literally been a fan of Huey Lewis and the News since the early 1980s. In fact, I still have their first six albums (plus the Back to the Future soundtrack which contains two HLN tunes) on cassette.

Given that Huey's touring days are likely behind him, I feel a burn more than ever to meet him in person. Y'know......I happen to know the location of the sprawling western Montana estate where he spends most of his time these days. Alas, I imagine that it would come off as downright creepy if I just showed up one day. Heck, the process I enacted to learn of the location would probably strike you as a bit stalk-ery.

Regardless, I hope that by some minor miracle Huey will one day be well enough to tour again. As such, springing for backstage passes would seem the more sensible (and less creepy) route.

---------------------------------------------------

No comments: