Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"We advocate for you.....so long as you're in lockstep with our ideology"

To begin this post, I'd like to refer you to Berg's Eighth Law of Diversity, courtesy of my friend and Northern Alliance Radio Network colleague Mitch Berg:

American liberalism’s reaction to one of “their”constituents – women, gays or people of color – running for office or otherwise identifying as a conservative is indistinguishable from sociopathic disorder.

With that in mind, I point you to an immigrant (born in Italy) black woman who is also a scientist working for an independent agency of the U.S. government. The only way leftists could concoct a more ideal constituent in their minds is if said woman was a male identifying as a female.

So can you imagine the veritable freak out in proggie circles when a young, immigrant black woman scientist employed by the government doesn't exactly utter leftist chanting points?

 I'd like to introduce you to Kara McCullough, who was crowned Miss USA Sunday evening.

In typical beauty pageant fashion, the Q&A portion required contestants to address controversial issues. McCullough’s answers to both questions — about health care and feminism — sparked debate on social media. The first query: “Do you think affordable health care for all U.S. citizens is a right or a privilege and why?”

“I’m definitely going to say it’s a privilege,” McCullough responded. “As a government employee, I am granted health care. And I see firsthand that for one to have health care, you need to have jobs. So therefore, we need to continue to cultivate this environment that we’re given the opportunities to have health care as well as jobs to all the American citizens worldwide.”

The reaction on Twitter was immediate. Same with her second question: “What do you consider feminism to be, and do you consider yourself a feminist?”

“So as a woman scientist in the government, I’d like to lately transpose the word feminism to equalism,” McCullough said as members of the audience cheered. “I don’t really want to consider myself — try not to consider myself like this die-hard, you know, like, ‘Oh, I don’t really care about men.’ But one thing I’m gonna say, though, is women, we are just as equal as men when it comes to opportunity in the workplace.”

“And I say firsthand: I have witnessed the impact that women have in leadership in the medical sciences, as well as just in the office environment,” she added. “So as Miss USA, I would hope to promote that type of leadership responsibility globally to so many women worldwide.”

Both The Washington Free Beacon and Twitchy did a nice job in documenting the backlash.

The Miss USA system falls under the umbrella of Miss Universe, which touts its organization as "a company run by women for women, built on a foundation of inclusion and continues to be a celebration of diversity." It's a shame that much of the public at large doesn't embrace diversity of thought. Yes, nothing says "women's empowerment" like the expectation to be in lockstep with one specific ideology.

-------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

....and she's walking it back. Sigh. It seems to me our national plague is that nobody is willing to say "here are some facts that do not bend to political will--sorry, if you don't like it, they're still there."