Monday, November 23, 2015

Something I don't get

I've been seeing a lot of effusive praise showered upon comedienne Amy Schumer, particularly in the way she "empowers women." I guess it's partly based on the fact she's attained fame and fortune while not having one of those typical Hollywood starlet bodies where you can see the gal's rib cage. From what I've seen of Ms. Schumer's stand-up routine, it typically entails stories of carnal knowledge with myriad men.

Here's what I don't get. What exactly is empowering? Is it the fact that a normal sized woman can have countless sexual encounters and then brag about such exploits like some men are wont to do? Is that how she's "empowering," her proving that women can be just as lascivious as men? Seriously, I'm genuinely befuddled by this one.

----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

Well, for once the Pirelli calendar has tires featured--those around Miss Schumer's waist. She's not quite the Michelin Man, thankfully for her health, but you've got to concede Pirelli is catching up.

Don't know how many tires that's going to sell, but hey....credit where credit is due.