Friday, February 17, 2012

Well done, good and faithful servant

Frank Sanders: 1949-2012


After a 13-month long battle with pancreatic cancer, my friend Frank Sanders now has his great reward. He was 62-years old.

Late last year, Frank released a book entitled From Silver to Gold: One Man’s Pursuit of the Ultimate Prize, which told the story of how he left a lucrative career in professional hockey after only one season to fulfill a promise he made as a child, which was to fully devote his life to Jesus Christ.

Having spent more than thirty years sharing the gospel of Jesus (including the past ten as Pastor of Spirit of Life Bible Church in Woodbury, MN), Frank's leap of faith has paid tremendous dividends, evidenced by those who testify how they're much better off because Frank made that critical decision nearly forty years ago.

As I write this post, Frank has been gone for less than three hours. Since I have so many emotions tumbling through me at this point, I figure I'll just point you to what I wrote thirteen months ago upon learning of Frank's diagnosis.

Frank leaves behind loving wife Kathy, children Tim (wife, Trish), Jennifer (husband, Jim) and Jeremy (wife, Lana) and ten grandchildren.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: