Friday, May 27, 2022

I got nothin'

I can't lie: this week took a lot outta me. I mean, I wouldn't be human if Tuesday's senseless slaughter of 19 elementary school aged children and two teachers didn't have an impact on me. And I broke my own rule of not perusing social media in the aftermath of a national tragedy when I engaged ghouls who used this Robb Elementary School shooting to attack law abiding gun owners. As such, I became emotionally spent by the end of the week., particularly when I learned of the ineptitude of Uvalde, TX law enforcement in their response to the scene. 


I think I reached my breaking point Thursday when the nephew of Irma Garcia, one of the two teachers killed, announced the family suffered even more loss 48 hours after the school shooting. 





The Garcias leave behind four children.  


I know God's ways are much higher than ours and that He sees the end from the beginning. I guess I'd just like to be cued in on this one. 


------------------------------------------------ 

No comments: