Sunday, November 19, 2023

My weekend

No, I didn't forget to post my weekly promo of my Sunday radio show. That's because I was not broadcasting this past weekend. Yup, I took a rare and well-deserved break (copyright Brian "St Paul" Ward) since I knew I would be out late Saturday evening partaking in the St Paul leg of the Eagles "Long Goodbye" tour. I'm a pretty simple guy, so I'll just say I had an absolute blast partaking in the legendary band's 21-song set list! And that was after their opening act The Doobie Brothers kicked off the evening with a 12-song catalog. For more in-depth reviews, check out Jon Bream's piece at the Star Tribune as well Ross Raihala's recap at the Pioneer Press


Given I contracted a nasty head cold in the middle of last week that was still dogging me into this weekend, I would have likely laid low these past few days were it not for having purchased these very expensive concert tickets four months ago. And since the outing was a celebration of a dear friend's 40th birthday, ain't no way I was gonna let him have all the fun. So I got by on pure adrenaline Saturday evening, only to crash hard all day Sunday. 


Anyhow, I'm grateful this is a short work week with the Thanksgiving holiday coming up. Despite all the chaos and rancor in our world today, I believe there is much in which to be thankful. This week will certainly be a welcome reminder of that. 


Talk soon!


----------------------------------------

No comments: