Monday, January 18, 2021

Into my veins

Check out the comment of Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety (and University of Minnesota alum) Antoine Winfield, Jr. after his club ousted the New Orleans Saints from the NFL postseason. 





The sting of my Vikings losing the 2009 NFC Championship Game has never really gone away. Heck, I can't even watch highlights of the 1998 title game loss, much less the '09 contest. All that said, I appreciate Winfield, Jr. thinking of his old man's team as his Buccaneers squad got to within one game of the Super Bowl. It happens to coincide with the fact that I've rooted for Tampa QB Tom Brady to win every postseason game since his first Super Bowl championship in February 2002, which began an 18-year New England Patriots dynasty. 


I'm definitely on the Bucs' pirate ship the rest of the way!


----------------------------------------------

No comments: