Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Axe is back!

I would look back at my previous blog posts to see how I commemorated the last time the Minnesota Gophers football team defeated the Wisconsin Badgers, but this blog is only 14 years old.

Yes the Paul Bunyan axe, which is the traveling trophy between the two rivals, is returning to the U of M campus thanks to a 37-15 Gophs win in Madison. In addition to snapping a 14-game losing streak to Bucky, the Gophers also won at Camp Randall for the first time since 1994. 

How inexplicable is this win? Just three weeks ago the Gophers surrendered 646 yards and 55 points to a pitiful Illinois team. I literally have zero explanation for this turnaround over the past few weeks, so I'm just going to savor this win. 






----------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Mr. D said...

How inexplicable is this win? Just three weeks ago the Gophers surrendered 646 yards and 55 points to a pitiful Illinois team. I literally have zero explanation for this turnaround over the past few weeks, so I'm just going to savor this win.

You should too.


Nah, I'll pass. But enjoy it.

Brad Carlson said...

Nah, I'll pass. But enjoy it.

LOL. Perfectly understandable.