Friday, October 03, 2014

Over the Moon

Of the myriad starting quarterbacks my Minnesota Vikings have employed in their 54-year franchise history, Warren Moon was the first to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. After ten years with the Houston Oilers (1984-93), Moon became expendable as the club was looking to usher in the Cody Carlson era. As such, the Vikings (who employed Sean Salisbury and Jim McMahon as their QBs in 1993) traded for Moon prior to the '94 season. He would throw for more than 4,000 yards in each of his first two seasons as a Vikings QB.

On NFL Network Friday evening, the premiere of Warren Moon: A Football Life was aired. As I watched the story of this true trail blazer (do you ever hear the phrase "black quarterback" anymore?), I couldn't help but fondly reminisce of Moon's brief (but thrilling) tenure with the Vikes.





You'll notice the "1 Favorite" in the lower left. Yes, my tweet was favorited by none other than Moon himself.

I still get that child-like thrill when interacting with those public figure whom I truly admire.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: