Friday, February 18, 2011

Box Score of the week

In honor of pitchers and catchers reporting to Spring Training, I am posting my 2011 debut edition of a unique major league baseball box score.

As always, the objective is to determine what is unique or significant about the particular game I cite. And see if you can ascertain the significance without the help of Google, Bing, etc.

Let's start this season with a "softball", featuring two teams who train in Fort Myers, FL, the Twins and Red Sox.

----------------------------------------------

It's an amazing (and rare) feat when a team turns a triple play in a game. But two triple plays in one contest?!?! The one and only time that has ever happened was on July 17, 1990 at Fenway Park, when the host Red Sox hit into two 5-4-3 triple plays in a game versus the Twins.

-----------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Douglas said...

I don't know anyone else who does this, and I derive significant amusement from this. I suggest that after you have done a certain number of these (a baseball related number, 27, f'rinstance, or something like), you publish them in the form of a book.