Friday, September 09, 2011

Ridin' the range once more, totin' my old .44 (UPDATE: Time change)

After a brief hiatus, I will resume my weekly radio show on Twin Cities' station AM 1280 The Patriot! My show will air every Sunday (beginning September 18th) from 4:00 pm until 5:00 Central time.

With this change I will be replacing the old programming in that one-hour time slot, which currently is a replay of a prior-week airing of The Dennis Miller Show. Heck, usurping even an encore presentation of the great Dennis Miller is a lot to live up to. I'm thinking I may have to ease the transition by emitting a visceral rant or two containing words and cultural references which may require annotations.

For example, I can talk about Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and how if it’s possible to make Mr. Limpet sound like Demosthenes, Reid does it every time he opens his ashen piehole and haltingly forces out that tremulous pale-gray oratory that sounds like it’s oozing from a stuck caulking gun.

I can also opine on the ever-increasing possibility that national Democrat leadership may encourage a primary challenge to incumbent President Barack Obama. One should know by now never to underestimate someone like a Hillary Clinton since she's a lot like the Glenn Close character in Fatal Attraction, in that you better hold her under water for the extra breath or she's coming up with a Ginsu.

Meh. I think I'll stick with my own vibe.....whatever that may be.

UPDATE: Turns out I will be on the air from 6:00 pm until 7:00 Central time.

-------------------------------------------

No comments: