Thursday, March 27, 2008

I did not know that.

Actor Richard Widmark passed away this past Monday at the age of 93.

To be perfectly honest, I was not the least bit familiar with any of Mr. Widmark’s work. However, being the sports junkie that I am, I knew he was once the father-in law to Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax. Widmark’s daughter Ann was married to Koufax from 1969 until 1982.

Even more intriguing was the fact that Widmark was born in a town by the name of Sunrise, MN. My first reaction? ”Where in the heck is Sunrise, MN?” I decided to look it up, all the while thinking it would be someplace in the rural southwest part of the state. As it turns out Sunrise is located in the east-central section, a mere fifty miles northeast of my home in Coon Rapids.

Chalk this up as another day where I know more than I did the day before.

------------------------------------------

No comments: