Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's that time of year.

Usually when we go to the health club at 6:30 pm or later, my gal and I find a parking space relatively close to the front door. Upon arriving at 6:45 this evening, there was not a spot to be had. So we didn’t need a calendar to know what time of year it was. Yes, the folks who made losing weight their New Years resolution were out in full force this evening. But if the statistics hold true, there will be plenty of parking available again within the next three weeks.

In looking back to last year at this time, I too resolved to lose some weight. And for the first half the year I went from 218 lbs to 205. But as I wrote yesterday, the second half of our 2007 was rather tumultuous. I guess I used said tumult as an excuse to cast off all restraint in the food department. So when I stepped on the scale yesterday for the first time in weeks, I weighed…….218. That’s right. I’m right back where I started.

The good news is I’ve eaten very well the first two days of this year and had a great workout this evening.

There’s an old Chinese proverb that says “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I guess I can adhere to that Chinese philosophy just so long as I don’t indulge in the Chinese food.

---------------------------------------------

No comments: