Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Chronicles of NARN.


Pictured (from left to right): Captain Ed Morrissey, me, Mitch Berg.



Saturday was the final 2006 installment of one of my favorite talk radio shows on The Patriot. Volume 2 of The Northern Alliance Radio Network was broadcasting live at the White Bear Lake Superstore.



Yep, I had the best seat in the house!



If Rush Limbaugh is the fastest three hours in media then I would venture to say Mitch Berg and Captain Ed Morrissey are the quickest two hours. Amongst the hot topics discussed were the execution of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, the death of President Gerald Ford and a brief review of some other noteworthy events of ’06.

My favorite moment of Saturday’s program was when the tranquil Paul Rubin, President/Owner of WBL superstore, referred to Saddam as an S.O.B. (and no, he didn’t just use the letters) live on the air. Hearing that coming from such a laid back character was quite amusing.

Given that I’m a radio show rube, I was honored when Mitch mentioned my name at the conclusion of the program. He said something to the effect of “Our thanks to Brad Carlson, who provided security.”

Glad I could help!

No comments: