Monday, August 07, 2006

Oh, Deer!



What you are viewing is the result of a fawn head-butting my bumper.

While traveling home from a family excursion in Northwest Wisconsin on Saturday evening, we came upon said fawn sauntering across the road. It was moving left to right, getting all the way to the center stripe on the highway. At that point the animal just stopped and looked up at my vehicle as I was attempting to go from 60 to 0 in one second.

By looking up, I guess the young deer chose to witness its fate.

Yes indeed, it had that deer-in-the-headlights look.

A good number of my relatives on Dad’s side of the family are avid deer hunters, some of whom never claimed a deer during their hunting exploits.

I can now claim I’ve gotten one.

And I didn’t even need a rifle.

No comments: